SHEEP: Developing Humility – turning - the other cheek.
We love by choice. When others mistreat us, it should become a challenge for us. Jesus talks about humility because it was pride that first caused man to sin. They thought their way was better than God's. Humbling ourselves is doing it God's way.
God's love is so dramatically different that it separates us from the world. We no longer respond like an animal that attacks or retaliates; we respond with love. The perfection of God's love in us causes us to be lights in a dark world.GOD'S WORD Isaiah 50:6 "I gave My back to the smiters and My cheeks to those who plucked off the hair; I hid not My face from shame and spitting"
SHEEP: According to the Word, the place "continual" ought to have in our live is:
- Continual streaming forth of the love of God toward man.
- Continual unalterable dependence on God every hour of our day.
- Continual receiving of goodness and happiness from God above.
- Continual dying to self.
- Continual and immediate inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
- Continual breathing of the heart after God in prayer.