Inheritance of the Believer
Believers have protection - Psalm 91
- HE WHO dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty [Whose power no foe can withstand].
- I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I [confidently] trust!
- For [then] He will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence.
- [Then] He will cover you with His pinions, and under His wings shall you trust and find refuge; His truth and His faithfulness are a shield and a buckler.
- You shall not be afraid of the terror of the night, nor of the arrow (the evil plots and slanders of the wicked) that flies by day,
- Nor of the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor of the destruction and sudden death that surprise and lay waste at noonday.
- A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand, but it shall not come near you.
- Only a spectator shall you be [yourself inaccessible in the secret place of the Most High] as you witness the reward of the wicked.
- Because you have made the Lord your refuge, and the Most High your dwelling place 10 There shall no evil befall you, nor any plague or calamity come near your tent.
- For He will give His angels [especial] charge over you to accompany and defend and preserve you in all your ways [of obedience and service].
- They shall bear you up on their hands, lest you dash your foot against a stone
- You shall tread upon the lion and adder; the young lion and the serpent shall you trample underfoot.
- Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him; I will set him on high, because he knows and understands My name [has a personal knowledge of My mercy, love, and kindness--trusts and relies on Me, knowing I will never forsake him, no, never].
- He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
- With long life will I satisfy him and show him My salvation.
Believers Have Promises
John 10:10 - The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).
Ephesians 3:20 - Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]
2 Chronicles 16:9 - For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth to show Himself strong in behalf of those whose hearts are blameless toward Him.
But Our Salvation Does not Promise Us a Troubled Free Life
Romans 14:17 Luke 17:21 2 Corinthians 5:21 Galatians 5:22,23
Isaiah 9:6 – For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder, and His name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father [of Eternity], Prince of Peace. He has overcome the world!
John 16:33 – I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you]
John 14:1 – DO NOT let your hearts be troubled (distressed, agitated). You believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely on God; believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely also on Me.
John 14:27 – Peace I leave with you; My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. [Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled.]
Romans 15:13 – May the God of your hope so fill you with all joy and peace in believing [through the experience of your faith] that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound and be overflowing (bubbling over) with hope.
Hebrews 4:9-11 – So then, there is still awaiting a full and complete Sabbath-rest reserved for the [true] people of God; For he who has once entered [God's] rest also has ceased from [the weariness and pain] of human labors, just as God rested from those labors peculiarly His own. Let us therefore be zealous and exert ourselves and strive diligently to enter that rest [of God, to know and experience it for ourselves], that no one may fall or perish by the same kind of unbelief and disobedience [into which those in the wilderness fell].
Simple Child Like Faith
Mark 10:15 – Truly I tell you, whoever does not receive and accept and welcome the kingdom of God like a little child [does] positively shall not enter it at all.
We're Sent Out
Luke 10:20 – Nevertheless, do not rejoice at this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are enrolled in heaven.
18 Yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will exult in the [victorious] God of my salvation!
Psalm 16:11 – You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore.
1 John 4:12-15 – No man has at any time [yet] seen God. But if we love one another, God abides (lives and remains) in us and His love (that love which is essentially His) is brought to completion (to its full maturity, runs its full course, is perfected) in us! By this we come to know (perceive, recognize, and understand) that we abide (live and remain) in Him and He in us: because He has given (imparted) to us of His [Holy] Spirit. And [besides] we ourselves have seen (have deliberately and steadfastly contemplated) and bear witness that the Father has sent the Son [as the] Savior of the world. Anyone who confesses (acknowledges, owns) that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides (lives, makes His home) in him and he [abides, lives, makes his home] in God.
John 14:23 – Jesus answered, If a person [really] loves Me, he will keep My word [obey My teaching]; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home (abode, special dwelling place) with him.
Peace is ours when we are in His Presence, receiving from Him and acting in responds to His direction. Joy and peace come from knowing, believing - trusting in the Lord with simple childlike faith.
Look up another Note