Lift Up Your Heads
The Lord has been showing me some things from His Word I'd like to share with you. 2 Kings 13:18-19
Take the arrows. Strike the ground. He struck it three times…The man of God was angry with him. "You should have struck the ground five or six times". He received exactly what he believed.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
1 Thessalonians 2:13 "the word of God which is at work in you who believe." He will only do as much as we will allow Him to do.
Wednesday the Lord spoke to us Psalm 24:7-10
7 Lift up your heads, O you gates; be lifted up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in.
8 Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.
9 Lift up your heads, O you gates; lift them up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in.
10 Who is he, this King of glory? The LORD Almighty- he is the King of glory. Selah.
This scripture is a description of the solemn entry of the Ark (which represents the presence of God) into the Temple. For us today, we are to willingly invite Him into our hearts (Romans 3:20 "Behold, I stand at the door and knock.") Wherever His Presence abides, we are sanctified. We are to ask, seek, and knock.
Then he went on to say, Is anything too difficult for Me? Am I not the God of the impossible?
What a challenge!
How much do we believe God can do in our lives? What in our lives need His trust? Search our hearts God and see if there is any wicked way in us.
Don't presume His help - ask, seek, knock. His Word is true and He always acts in accordance with it.
Matthew 9:22 Do we truly believe He can do it as the woman did when she touched the hem of His garment? She persistently pressed on and urged the Lord to touch her.
As we acknowledge our needs we need to learn to commit them to Him. Psalm 37: 3-5
- Place them in His Hands - burden Him with them.
- Recognize your dependence on Him to carry the matter.
- Commitment must be continuous.
The word acknowledge in the scripture means in direct intimate contact with Him.
As we wait for the fulfillment of His promises we wait:
- In Prayer-Jeremiah 29:11-14. It is more than a prayer-"search with all our hearts" -
- Plead your case - quest for God
- Tell of your difficulty - earnest desperation
- Remind Him of His promises to help - close pursuit of a desired objective
- In faith - In 2 Chronicles 15:2 Azariah promises the Lord will be with His people if they "seek after Him" - another indication of God's emphasis on intensity and diligence in prayer!
- Requires diligence in the process
- Express how faithful He is
- He will come at the right time
- In patience -Romans 8:25-28
- Don't complain
- Accept situation
- Place it wholeheartedly in His Hands
Not my will but Yours Lord - Wait in confidence!
Joel 2:25 God will repay you what the locust has stolen.
Truly our God reigns! He lives! There does remain a rest for God's people. He wants too hand all our enemies over to us. Joshua 21:44 He has given us victory through Jesus. 1 Corinthians 15:57
Our God delights in impossibilities Jeremiah 32:17 "Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you".
Look up another Note